161 House Democrats voted today to support gender-based abortions.
By: Rachel Pulaski
Where are their souls?
You can expect me to post about these topics as well as anything else I think is interesting.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~ CS Lewis
According to the most recent statistics, just made available by the New York City Department of Health:
* There were 208,541 pregnancies in New York City in 2010. They resulted in 124,791 live births and 83,750 abortions, a 40% abortion rate.
* Among non-Hispanic blacks there were far more abortions than births, 38,574 to 26,635, or 60%. So for every 1,000 African-American babies born, 1,448 were aborted.
* Among Non-Hispanic black teens, the abortion rate was even greater – 5,956 abortions to 2,265 live births, or 72%. For every 1,000 African-American babies born to teens, 2,630 were aborted.
* The abortion rate among teens as a whole was 63% – 12,139 abortions to 7,207 live births. For every 1,000 babies born among New York City teens 1,684 were aborted.
* Some 16% of all pregnancies in New York City – 14% of abortions – were with teen mothers, 54% of abortions were with mothers in their 20′s; 30% of abortions were with mothers in their 30′s or 40′s; and 14% of abortions were with married mothers.
—All those babies… I can’t wrap my head around the gruesomeness of it.
In Obama’s world, our daughter’s happiness depends upon having these options at their disposal, literally and figuratively. Because love, and the sneaky way it has of showing up whenever a baby is born and then complicating everything, (because it is meaningful and real) is an insufficient vehicle for the fulfillment of women, and their self-actualization.
Arise, daughters of America, and build your dreams upon the slaughter of your progeny; some say the fullness of our humanity was built upon the flesh and blood of one woman who said “yes” to a daunting and difficult proposal, but I say your fulfillment, your dreams and your future are better built upon the garbage heaps of “no” we’ve encouraged you to form out of your own flesh-and-blood in the empty landfills of government compassion, hope and change.
Because “yes we can,” is all about the hope and change that’s built on our emphatic “noes”. No, to life. No, to conscience. No, to compassion that is not mandated. No, to assistance given by any but government. No, to any power greater than ourselves and our glorious government.
“I don’t want them punished with a baby”
Moloch couldn’t have said it more cunningly.
Today I feel great sadness and compassion for all of the women who have bought into this at some point in their lives and aborted their children, and who have suffered — often for decades, often in deep loneliness — for their babies. The lie that abortion provides, at it’s core, some ultimate “good” is a lie that has stood too long.
—Elizabeth Scalia, writing at The Anchoress, responds to President Obama’s statement that abortion, the killing of one’s own unborn baby, is the vehicle that allows America’s young women to fulfill their dreams.